A few of us miss it enough to bust out some dusty tomes and bask ourselves in the writing, fantasy, atmosphere, history and mechanics that made AD&D the progenitor of a genre. Do it in STR, INT, WIS, DEX, CON, CHA order again. Get a -3 AC. Cast a Wish spell. Employ hirelings and acquire henchmen.
The first planned campaign is an epic of some the best adventures published by TSR.
- T1: Village of Homlet
- T2-4: Temple of Elemental Evil
- A1: Slave Pits of the Undercity
- A2: Secrets of the Slavers Stockade
- A3: Aerie of the Slave Lords
- A4: In the Dungeon of the Slave Lords
- S4: The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth
- WG4: The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun
- G1: Steading of the Hill Giant Chief
- G2: The Glacial Rift of the Frost Giant Jarl
- G3: Hall of the Fire Giant King
- D1: Descent into the Depths of the Earth
- D2: Shrine of the Kuo-Toa
- D3: Vault of the Drow
- Q1: Queen of the Demonweb Pits
And, oh yeah,
- S1: Tomb of Horrors
A later campaign may arise from some of Gygax’s last works with Troll Lords, Yggsburgh and Castle Zagyg.
So prepare to die a quick and brutal death as an unknown who sought his glory and lost when the DM’s merciless dice said it was your time. Or if your luck is strong, ascend to your title level, create a stronghold, explore the planes, and perhaps become immortalized as a living legend in Greyhawk.